Health & Life Skills Coordinator
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for implementation and facilitation of all prevention and life skills programming and activities for youth and families at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the implementation and facilitation of all Boys & Girls Club prevention and health education programs, including the various components of the SMART Moves curriculum, ensuring that programs are offered to members of all ages, genders, and backgrounds. This also includes supervision of youth members during scheduled programs and/or events.
- Coordinate the implementation and facilitation of weekly Family Support programming that equips member’s families with the skills and knowledge to better support their children in their growth. Program topics may include: parenting skills, trauma informed care, mental health, and life skills. Provide families in need with community resources and individualized assistance.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations & Programs and Unit Directors to determine youth needs in regards to health and life skills.
- Assist with the coordination of community-based prevention initiatives, such as gang prevention and the sexually transmitted diseases taskforce.
- Plan and implement Club wide special events that revolve around health and life skills topics, such as anti-bullying and nutrition awareness.
- Meet with members who are frequently suspended or involved in risky behaviors to discuss ways to improve their quality of life through goal planning, program participation, and community resources.
- Compile data and program information concerning activities, participation, and member improvement. Provide timely statistical reports to Director of Operations & Programs as needed.
- Assist the Director of Operations & Programs with compilation of any additional reports required by funding sources, Board of Directors, and/or other benefactors.
- Maintain prevention bulletin board with current schedule and upcoming special events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability and experience in planning, implementing and facilitating a wide range of prevention programs for youth of all ages, genders, and levels of ability.
- Ability and experience in planning, implementing, and facilitating family support programs.
- Experience in collaborating with community agencies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively supervise youth members, including addressing discipline problems.
- Strong understanding of group dynamics and proven capacity to facilitate small group clubs and activities.
- Ability to submit detailed written and statistical report in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude in decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work as a team.
- Demonstrated ability in working with youth, parents/guardians, community leaders, board members, and other staff.
This is a part-time position – 25-30 hours per week, Monday-Friday, hours vary (must be able to work evenings), $13/hr.
For a complete job description, click here.
To apply to be the Health & Life Skills Coordinator, please submit your an application via Indeed. You can find the job application here.
Youth Development Professional
*This is an ongoing position search. Interviews will be offered when positions become available.
Youth Development Professional responsibilities include running daily activities, supervising youth, implementing homework help programs and ensuring a fun and safe environment.
This is a part-time position with our after school program: Monday through Friday, 4 to 5 days per week, 5 to 6 hours per day, hours will be in the 2:30-8:00 p.m. time frame.
Must be able to work evenings.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
Must be 18 or older with a high school diploma or GED.
This is an excellent opportunity for people who would like to receive further experience teaching and working with youth ages 5-18. The position requires experience working with youth and diverse populations.
For a complete job description, click here.
To apply to be a Youth Development Professional, please submit your an application via Indeed. You can find the job application here.