What drives the Club...
A safe place to empower and develop all young people.
To enhance the quality of life of young people through education, art, health, and recreation, especially for those who need us most.
Provide an environment where all young people achieve their goals through healthy life styles, education, good character and citizenship.
- Improve program quality and effectiveness
- Advocate for youth development
- Reach more youth
- Strengthen Organization:
- Financial Sustainability
- Leverage Community Partners
- Enhance Staff retention and development
- Improve Facilities
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo is a nonprofit organization where youth ages 5 – 18 have a safe place to learn and grow – all while having fun! The Club is a place where great futures are created daily. With three locations in Kalamazoo and a summer camp in Hastings, Michigan, the Club is able to have a positive impact on more than 3,300 youth annually.
The Club has four core beliefs that were developed with help of the youth and they are to provide:
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character developing experiences
- Hope and opportunity